Saturday, December 16, 2006

of all the random and ridiculous things...


i stepped in cement yesterday.

i was waiting to cross the street and i saw that on the other side some construction workers were filling in a hole with a cement mixer. i thought to myself "i'd better be careful to go around them", but the very next moment i stepped onto the road and felt my foot sink into something cold. in shock, i yanked my foot out and saw the very wet cement on my shoe and pants. there was no caution tape, no sign to warn people. i stood there for a few seconds just looking at my foot, thinking: "did that just happen?" and then trying to decide what to do next. i wanted to go back to my apartment to change, but then i remembered i was on my way to an exam and going home wasn't an option. so i kept on walking, not even thinking to say something to the construction workers (who did not see what happened).

miraculously, no cement got on my skin, even though i was wearing ankle socks. and i'm still hoping, perhaps naively, that the shoe is salvageable : (

2 comments:

hoimin said...

teehee!

with due diligence, you could probably chip it off with a needle or thumbtack. or keep it to kick something -- or someone -- a little bit harder.

gusto5 said...

...like...a sibling. and you have one...how convenient...