Wednesday, November 15, 2006

gotcha!

all along i've been suspecting bed bugs, but i've had no evidence of their presence other than the bites i get when i sleep on my mattress. normally you might see eggs along the mattress seam or fecal stains on the sheets, but i haven't found any of those. so i've been sleeping on the cot and only sitting on the bed occasionally to read.

but today maintenance came up to my room to inspect for bugs and when the guy pulled my bed away from the wall, he found two fecal stains in the corner:


so i've been put on a list to have my room treated, and thankfully the problem has been caught early on (relatively speaking). after the guy left, i inspected the stains myself and happened upon a dead bed bug. dear marmalade is guarding him now. in the background is the anti-itch cream my roommate nicole gave me for the bites.

3 comments:

hoimin said...

marmalade looks like quite the scrapper. or evander holyfield. i am now assured of your safety.

Melbee said...

woooooahh... it's the worst when uninvited people join you in bed... =\ ugugggghhh... *scratch scratch*

ten said...

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!