Saturday, June 10, 2006

my father's daughter


that's who i am. i've always been told that i look just like him--a "beng yun". but i take after him personality wise, too, and i see his influence in my life daily. from him i inherited and/or learned many values and philosophies, my love of music, my grass allergies, my contempt for poor driving (i'm trying to extinguish this one), and so on. he taught me not to be too wussy, how to use a saw, how to drive a humongous car. i love my dad!

i was thinking a lot about my dad today since father's day is fast approaching and he and i got to hang out a bit this afternoon. he helped me get a bike ready for tomorrow's rick hansen wheels in motion fundraiser. we spent almost two hours in the garage fiddling with the bike, adjusting the seat and handlebars, pumping the tires, and i just thought "i have a great dad". i love my mom, too, of course (by the way, for mother's day, char and i made a scrapbook using some old family pictures that can be seen here), but today my appreciation for my dad was particularly salient. i have the utmost respect for him and i hope one day to have that same respect for my husband : P

2 comments:

Dordor said...

my dad woke up at 7am Sunday morning to fix me breakfast, and pull out all the seats in our van, so that bikes could fit in for the event. I, sheepishly...woke up at 7:45 with everything prepared for me, so I left on time at 8am for the Rick Hansen event. What a guy.

Melbee said...

ahh.. fathers.. moments of delight and moment's of annoyance = love.... =)